Gratitude



The Lord recently gave me insights on thankfulness. I am realizing more and more that it is very important to practice praising God regularly. I think that it is amazingly beautiful that God actually inhabits the praises of His people! Psalm 22:3 (KJV)
https://www.biblestudytools.com/kjv/psalms/22-3.html (Some Bible versions read differently, but several versions read that God is either enthroned on or that He inhabits His people's praises).

Lately, my eyes have been opened to the blinding effects of complaining and ingratitude. In my experience, sometimes after God has blessed me in a special way, my mind immediately turns to other unpleasant issues and I begin complaining. At one such time, a couple of weeks ago, I decided that I would not indulge a complaining spirit but would instead be grateful for the blessings that I had received. I truly believe that this is the right way to live. Praising God helps me to see life differently...with more optimism. :) Jesus is so wonderful!

I have also discovered that being grateful for the little and large kindnesses that I receive from many different people brings blessings not only to the people that I am thanking, but also to myself. I am convinced that if more people would count their blessings consistently and choose to think the best of other people, there would be less gossiping and less ranting about little things.

I hope that you all will join me in practicing gratitude: firstly and foremostly to God, and also to other people. I also hope that you all will join me in encouraging other people to trust in and follow God. 1 Thessalonians 5:9-11. https://www.biblestudytools.com/nkjv/1-thessalonians/5.html.

Together, let's all be God's work "in progress".

Blessings. :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tornado Roll Hair Tutorial

The Amazing Benefits of the Whole Foods Plant-based Diet part III

The Amazing Benefits of the Whole Foods Plant-based Diet part IV