Giving Him All the Glory

Giving Him All the Glory

We humans tend to take the glory for our achievements. I have found through personal experience that there is a deep satisfaction and a heartfelt freedom that I can only experience when I choose to give God all of the glory for every good thing in my life. Because of the miracle that Jesus has done within me, I am actually disgusted with the thought of praising myself. I have done enough of that and it has never turned out well for me.

I love the following Scripture verses:

"Thus saith the LORD, Let not the wise man glory in his wisdom, neither let the mighty man glory in his might, let not the rich man glory in his riches: But let him that glorieth glory in this, that he understandeth and knoweth me, that I am the LORD which exercise lovingkindness, judgment, and righteousness, in the earth: for in these things I delight, saith the LORD." Jeremiah 9:23-24 (KJV) https://www.kingjamesbibleonline.org/Jeremiah-9-23/

Really, a relationship with God is the most secure thing that anyone can have. The mind can dim and fade away as one gets older, and certainly physical strength can and will lessen in everyone who grows old. Although those who are financially secure may like to think that they will always be that way,there is always the potential that people will lose their wealth. It does happen. However, God cannot be changed by anything that goes on on this earth! I know people who are not in their right minds who can still talk about God. Even if a person's mind goes so far that he or she cannot recognize or talk about God, God's love for and care for him or her remains unchanged.

I would like to encourage you all to read these verses so that you can be thrilled by, and so that you can meditate on, the profound security that is found in God's love.

Romans 8:35-39 https://www.kingjamesbibleonline.org/Romans-Chapter-8/

I fear for people whose personal sense of value is largely determined by their appearances, their jobs, their houses and the like. Any of these things can be changed...drastically. Those who find their personal value in these certain things and/or circumstances will find themselves grappling with their sense of value and with their identities if their circumstances change significantly.

It is so much better and safer to find our value in the Lord and to give Him all the glory for every good gift that He has given us !

Once again: "Thus saith the LORD, Let not the wise man glory in his wisdom, neither let the mighty man glory in his might, let not the rich man glory in his riches: But let him that glorieth glory in this, that he understandeth and knoweth me, that I am the LORD which exercise lovingkindness, judgment, and righteousness, in the earth: for in these things I delight, saith the LORD." Jeremiah 9:23-24 (KJV) https://www.kingjamesbibleonline.org/Jeremiah-9-23/

I would like to end this devotional with a beautiful example from the Scriptures of a man who was blessed with wealth, and who yet chose to center his heart upon the Lord. This is such a rare and beautiful example of what all of us should do when we are blessed in any way.

"And the LORD was with Jehoshaphat, because he walked in the first ways of his father David, and sought not unto Baalim; But sought to the LORD God of his father, and walked in his commandments, and not after the doings of Israel. Therefore the LORD stablished the kingdom in his hand; and all Judah brought to Jehoshaphat presents; and he had riches and honour in abundance. And his heart was lifted up in the ways of the LORD: moreover he took away the high places and groves out of Judah.

 Also in the third year of his reign he sent to his princes, even to Benhail, and to Obadiah, and to Zechariah, and to Nethaneel, and to Michaiah, to teach in the cities of Judah. And with them he sent Levites, even Shemaiah, and Nethaniah, and Zebadiah, and Asahel, and Shemiramoth, and Jehonathan, and Adonijah, and Tobijah, and Tobadonijah, Levites; and with them Elishama and Jehoram, priests. And they taught in Judah, and had the book of the law of the LORD with them, and went about throughout all the cities of Judah, and taught the people." 2 Chronicles 17: 3-9 (KJV) . https://www.kingjamesbibleonline.org/2-Chronicles-17-6/

I want my heart to be" lifted up in the ways of the LORD" (verse 6) all of the time, don't you? God is so loving and we are blessed when we give Him all the glory.

Disclaimer: I am not a mental health professional. I am simply sharing the knowledge that I believe God has given me. :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tornado Roll Hair Tutorial

The Amazing Benefits of the Whole Foods Plant-based Diet part III

The Amazing Benefits of the Whole Foods Plant-based Diet part IV