Selfless Caring



Hello everyone. :)

I recently had an epiphany that has really given me a new and more beautiful outlook on my relations with others.


For some time, I have known that I wanted to live to bless others. Now, this decision to bless others has become deeper and more beautiful to me.


It occurred to me that God wants me to consciously seek to give each and every person I meet what they really need from me. This will look different in each interaction I have. God is giving me the wisdom to give each person I meet the kind of love that they need from me.


My most intimate relationships exist between family members and me. Families need to learn love, loyalty, unselfishness and caring on a very deep level. I really appreciate the following quote and I have definitely taken it to heart.  


"It is in the order of God that persons of varied temperament should associate together. When this is the case, each member of the household should sacredly regard the feelings and respect the rights of the others. By this means mutual consideration and forbearance will be cultivated, prejudices will be softened, and rough points of character smoothed. Harmony may be secured, and the blending of the varied temperaments may be a benefit to each." {AH 427.1 


I truly see the family as an entity that God created in order to provide for intimate companionship and ,perhaps more importantly, to provide us with an environment in which we can learn how to become more like Jesus and therefore to eventually become happy, and thoughtful citizens of heaven.


My other meaningful relationships, and also fairly intimate ones in some cases, exist between my friends and I. In my relationships with friends, Jesus helps me to look out for them and to seek to find ways to give them what they need: emotionally, spiritually and temporally (temporally definition:https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/temporal -Definition "b"-). I find so much joy in doing this. I do seek out friendships to meet my own needs for companionship, but my focus in each friendship is more on the other person than it is on myself.


My other relations with people occur between myself and acquaintances, people I meet in business type situations and strangers. In these relationships, I seek to be very courteous and thoughtful. Thoughtful gestures, such as a smile, a "hello" and a wave go a long way with acquaintances and strangers. Punctual, thoughtful and polite communication with those in the business world is a good witness and probably refreshing to them at times.


Lastly, I even seek to give scammers and telemarketers what they need from me. If I receive an automated call, I calmly hang up. If I'm not sure if it's an automated call or a real person on the line, I hear them out. I answer their offers with a calm, polite, yet decisive "no thank you". I genuinely feel sorry that scammers are choosing to live the way that they do. Telemarketing must be rough. I'm not interested in buying from them, but I do recognize that they are human beings with feelings.


In closing, I simply want to think Jesus' thoughts about every person I meet, and I am choosing to allow Him to help me to give each and every one of them what they need from me. What a blessed life He gives me! He wants to give each and every one of you this same blessed life of living to care about the needs of others.


Blessings. :)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Photo: https://www.pexels.com/photo/hands-people-friends-communication-45842/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tornado Roll Hair Tutorial

The Amazing Benefits of the Whole Foods Plant-based Diet part III

The Amazing Benefits of the Whole Foods Plant-based Diet part IV